Experienced Auto Accident Attorneys in Atlanta, GA
Traveling the Atlanta, GA roadways is an experience that is unmatched in most southern cities. With over 235,000 employees commuting throughout Fulton County, Georgia each day, our legendary traffic patterns cause up to 70 accidents per hour.
While some auto accidents are minor and can be handled without incident, most are more complicated than they appear to passersby. The Marks Law Group attorneys travel the busy streets, bridges, and highways our clients are injured on and are focused on helping each auto accident victim in our city recover fully. Our lawyers strengthen each of our client’s confidence in pursuing the negligent party who caused their accident with experience and a proven track record of success. We can help you and your family benefit from a speedy recovery, too.
Auto Accidents Nationwide and in Georgia: The Latest Statistics
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration records accident statistics throughout the nation and by state. While the statistics are jarring, our attorneys understand the gravity of these accidents extends further than numbers; they are people who have been hurt, lost their lives or loved ones because of another’s negligence. These are the people we fight for every day.
According to the NHTSA last year alone there were:
- 1,976 more fatalities from motor vehicle crashes; a 5.6% increase from the previous year
- 651 more fatalities from passenger car occupants; a 5.1% increase from the previous year
- 219 more fatalities from SUV occupants; a 5.2% increase from the previous year
The US Department of Transportation, Federal Highway Administration reports additional nationwide auto accident statistics, including last year’s counts of:
- Fatalities: 32,166
- Injuries: 1,715,000
- Property damage only: 4,548,000
Last year, the Georgia Department of Transportation recorded:
- 1561 total traffic accident fatalities
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration recorded in Georgia:
- 1,050 total auto-accident only fatalities
The Georgia Governor’s Office of Highway Safety declares these deaths as part of a larger number of crash statistics on our state’s roadways last year, including:
- 385,221 total traffic accidents
- 19,405 resulting in serious injuries
The Marks Law Office provides experienced legal representation that allows our community to rest and heal while we handle their cases from beginning to end with full disclosure and communication tactics that strengthen their case the moment we explore their claim. We speak for the injured, tragically lost, and their families, and will continue to pursue justice and financial recovery for each client we represent.
Top-notch Auto Accident Lawyers in Atlanta, GA: The Marks Law Group
Our auto accident lawyers represent each client with a unique approach to delivering success. No two auto accidents are the same. The circumstances, injuries, road conditions, and even the negligent driver who caused the crash will all differ from case to case.
We do not provide cookie-cutter legal advice. We provide expert, detailed, and personalized legal representation that fits each of our clients’ needs perfectly. Our initial advice begins here, the moment the accident occurs.
What to Do After an Accident: Initial, Immediate Tips to Strengthen Your Case
- Call the Police
- Make sure the local authorities appear on the scene, and record their names and badge numbers. Ask that a police report be completed right away.
- Do Not Admit Fault
- Your adrenaline, fear, and shock preclude you from giving a proper statement regarding your involvement in the accident.
- Record Evidence
- Cellphones provide the perfect opportunity to record pictures of the crash, the scene, and any damage to the vehicles.
- Exchange Information
- Your cellphone can also record the other driver’s license plate, insurance card, driver’s license, and registration. Provide your information in the same fashion, or write down the details for the other driver.
- Stay at the Accident Site
- Never leave the scene of an accident unless it is a medical emergency. Contact one of our attorneys right away while still at the scene, and we will meet you there quickly.
- Request Copies of the Accident Report
- The Atlanta Police Department provides stellar responses to accidents. But it is important not to assume everyone is on the same page when it comes to the accident report. Often, multiple police cars will report to an accident, and there should be no confusion about which officer is completing the report.
- Do not leave the scene without a copy of the completed report.
- Dispute any inaccuracies immediately, so they do not hinder your case going forward.
After the Scene is Cleared
- Seek Medical Care Immediately
- Go to the nearest hospital when you leave the scene of the accident. Do not go anywhere else first.
- Describe Your Condition, Injuries and Complaints Verbally
- It is important that the medical providers understand your injuries fully, and record your complaints clearly so they can be reviewed by our legal team.
- Call Your Insurance Company
- Consider this a courtesy call, alerting your insurance company that there has been an accident. Do not admit fault. Simply provide the facts, and explain that more information will be available soon.
- Contact The Marks Law Office
- If one of our attorneys hasn’t already met you at the scene of the accident, call us from the hospital and we will meet you there to begin discussing your case. We will be available the moment you are able to contact our firm.
You are going to need a legal expert on your side to fully pursue the damages owed to you by the negligent driver. At The Marks Law Group, we will expedite your claim, and provide experienced legal care to pursue the financial settlement you are entitled to.
Contact Our Auto Accident Attorneys in Atlanta, GA Today for a Free Consultation
If you have been injured in an auto accident, contact our experienced attorneys in Atlanta, GA at The Marks Law Group today by calling (404) 939-1485. Our unique approach to pursuing financial settlements for our clients is unequaled in the legal community, and our proven track record speaks volumes to our success rates. Call us today for a free consultation to understand how we can help you focus on healing from your injuries while we pursue the individual who caused them. Contact us now to get started.