If you live in Atlanta, or even visit regularly, you already know that auto accidents are a major problem. A 2013 study rated I-285 the nation’s deadliest interstate. And Georgia traffic consistently ranks among the worst nationally, with a high number of serious injuries and deaths from car accidents each year.
If you are in an auto accident in the Atlanta area, it’s important that you find an accident lawyer with the local experience and expertise to handle your case. The accident attorneys at Marks Law Group know the laws in Georgia and the Atlanta area and can help.
No two auto accidents are the same. The circumstances, injuries, road conditions, and even the negligent driver who caused the car crash will all differ from case to case.
We do not provide cookie-cutter legal advice. We provide expert, detailed, and personalized legal representation that fits each of our clients’ needs perfectly. And our work begins the moment your Atlanta auto accident occurs.
What to Do After an Auto Accident in Atlanta
If you are in an auto accident in metro Atlanta, here are the important steps you should take to preserve evidence and strengthen your case.
- Call the police. Make sure the local authorities appear on the scene. Try to write down their names and badge numbers for your records. Ask that a police report be completed right away.
- Do not admit fault. After being in an accident, you will likely be in an emotional state and may be injured and/or in a state of shock. Do not try to discuss your responsibility in the accident beyond stating the basic facts to the responding officer(s).
Record evidence. Cell phones provide the perfect opportunity to record pictures of the auto accident, the scene, and any damage to the vehicles.
Exchange information with the other driver. Your cellphone can also record the other driver’s license plate, insurance card, driver’s license, and registration. After a car accident, also provide your information or write down the details for the other driver.
Stay at the accident site. Never leave the scene of an auto accident unless it is a medical emergency. Contact one of our attorneys right away while still at the scene, and we will meet you there quickly.
Request copies of the accident report. The Atlanta Police Department provides stellar responses to auto accidents. But it is important not to assume everyone is on the same page when it comes to the car accident report. Also, depending on where the accident occurs, a different agency–or even multiple agencies–may respond. It is important to determine which officer has responsibility for writing and filing the accident report.
Do not leave the scene without a copy of the completed report. Dispute any inaccuracies immediately, so they do not hinder your Atlanta auto accident case going forward.
At the Marks Law Group, we have developed a Glove Box Accident Form to help guide you in the event that you are involved in an auto accident in Atlanta. You can print this form and keep it in your car to serve as a checklist to make sure you get the information you need.
After the Accident Scene is Cleared
These are the steps you should take after the police have cleared the scene.
- Seek medical care immediately. Go to the nearest hospital when you leave the scene of the auto accident. Do not go anywhere else first.
- Describe your condition, injuries, and any complaints to the health care providers. It is important that the medical providers understand your injuries fully after a car accident and record your complaints clearly, so they can be reviewed by our legal team.
- Call your insurance company. You should make a courtesy call to your insurance company to let them know that there has been an auto accident. Do not admit fault. Simply provide the facts and explain that more information will be available soon.
- Contact The Marks Law Office, LLC. If one of our attorneys hasn’t already met you at the scene of the accident, call us from the hospital. We will meet you there to begin discussing your case. We will be available the moment you are able to contact our law firm.
You are going to need a legal expert on your side to fully pursue the damages owed to you by the negligent driver who caused your auto accident. At the Marks Law Group in Atlanta, we will expedite your claim, and provide experienced legal care to pursue the financial settlement you are entitled to.
Contact Our Auto Accident Attorneys in Atlanta, GA Today for a Free Consultation
If you have been injured in a car accident, contact our experienced auto accident attorneys in Atlanta, GA at the Marks Law Group, LLC today. You can call or text 404-939-1485 anytime! We’re here 24/7. Our unique approach to pursuing financial compensation for our clients is unequaled in the legal community. Our proven track record speaks volumes to our success rates. Call or text us today for a free consultation. We can help you focus on healing from your injuries while we pursue the individual who caused them. Contact us now to get started.