Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Atlanta
Being involved in a motorcycle accident can be life altering even if the finality of the loss is only associated with losing your prized possession – your motorcycle. Although severe injuries are often associated with these cases, helmets and protective riding gear have substantially lowered the fatalities associated with these accidents, but can do nothing to save your motorcycle or your emotional stability. Marks Law Group, LLC, can help you put the pieces back together after your motorcycle accident, no matter your injuries, property damage or the devastating emotional toll it takes on you as a result of someone else’s negligence.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
There are a number of common motorcycle accident causes and each has prevailed its reign on the list for years. These unfortunate accidents list repetitive themes as their causes because individuals simply have trouble seeing motorcyclists as equals on the road. Unfortunately, the results can be devastating to the rider and their families, as motorcyclists are 35 times more likely to experience a deadly accident than those in passenger cars.
Common causes associated with these accidents include:
- Entering the Lane of a Motorcyclist without Warning/Signaling
- Failure to Appropriate Attention/Negligent or Distracted Driving (drivers who “just did not see the motorcyclist”)
- Failure to Yield to Motorcyclist’s Right of Way/Obey the Rules of the Road
- Following too Closely to a Motorcycle
- Vehicle Turning in Front of the Motorcyclist
Motorcycle accidents occur because drivers fail to provide the same respect to riders as they would another vehicle their own size, which results in horrific injury and property damage. Our Atlanta attorneys work hard to help motorcyclists hold negligent drivers responsible for their injuries and the expenses that accompany them in full.
Head Injuries in Motorcycle Accidents
Wearing a helmet while riding a motorcycle can be a lifesaving decision, and in the state of Georgia, riders have no choice. All riders in Atlanta, Georgia — or anywhere else in the state — must wear a helmet at all times when operating a motorcycle, or riding as a passenger.
With head injuries in motorcycle accident cases climbing throughout the nation, our laws are established to help keep riders safe from negligent drivers. The facts associated with head injuries in motorcycle accidents speak for themselves as 11% of all roadway accidents in the United States involve a motorcycle.
- 40%: The number or riders without helmets who are more likely to die of a head injury than one who wears a helmet.
- 37%: Reduction of crash fatalities by those wearing helmets.
- Head Injury: The leading cause of death in motorcycle crashes.
- 175,000: The number of motorcycle accident victims admitted to emergency rooms each year.
- 4,502: The number of motorcyclists killed in crashes in 2010.
Although helmets help save lives, motorcycle accident injuries can also include:
- Brain Injury
- Broken Limbs
- Emotional Trauma
- Muscle or Ligament Damage
- Road Rash/Skin Removal
- Spine Injury
- Sprains & Strains
These injuries require extended medical care, time off work, and sufficient healing time to ensure the rider returns to his or her previous health prior to moving forward with their lives in a positive way. Our attorney group would like to help you get your life back on track by providing excellent legal guidance so you can heal fully.