Bus Accident Attorneys in Atlanta, GA: Marks Law Group, LLC
At Marks Law Group, LLC our bus accident lawyers in Atlanta, GA understands that our public transportation systems, including bus transit, provides innumerable benefits for riders, including user-friendly routes, alleviating traffic congestion, and delivering a shared approach to environmental friendliness.
Our Atlanta bus accident attorneys also understand that by participating in public transit, you are placing your safety and trust in another, and expect to arrive at your destination without issue. Unfortunately, that isn’t always the case. When someone in our Georgia community suffers an injury on a public bus system, including transit and school buses, they are going to need our help in holding the proper owner or operator responsible for the injuries sustained. We have successfully representation bus accident injury victims throughout the state and can help you recover financially, too.
Public Bus Transportation in Atlanta, Georgia: MARTA
MARTA operates a widespread community, including:
- Over 700 buses
- 125 bus routes
- Buses covering nearly 26 million vehicle miles annually
- Bus lines that intersect or feed into corresponding rail lines throughout the city for maximum public transportation access
- Buses that transport almost 200,000 people each weekday, year around
- Elementary schools
- Middle schools
- High schools
- Field Trips
Buses deliver great benefits to the commuting public, pleasure-seekers, and the school-aged community alike.
According to the US Department of Energy:
- More than 17 million cars are kept off the road annually by school buses
- 36 cars are replaced with each school bus used
- Buses are participating in energy-efficient fuel exploration for public transit
- Shared-riding throughout the city, lessens traffic congestion
What’s more, according to the American Public Transportation Association:
- Just over half of the nearly 11 billion public transportation trips in the United States are made via bus
With so many riders, ranging from grade school children to adults of all ages, the bus systems in our communities serve great purpose and deliver solutions for hundreds of thousands of people each day. But what happens when someone is injured on a publicly or privately-owned bus? Who is responsible?
At Marks Law Group, our Atlanta bus accident attorneys have extensive experience in representing individuals and their families in holding the proper municipality or private company responsible for the injuries sustained during the use of a bus. We can help you pursue the financial recovery you deserve, too.
Safety Expectations: Who is Responsible When Bus Accidents Occur
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration ensures that laws are designed to protect bus riders, especially school bus riders, from other vehicles. Like all laws, they are not always followed by the masses. In addition, the dangers involved in entering, exiting, and riding buses also exist.
Safety hazards can include, but are not limited to:
- Bus driver negligence, including impaired, reckless, inexperienced, or distracted driving
- Accidents where other vehicles/drivers are at fault
- Road conditions, including construction areas
- Defective equipment
- Weight distribution issues
- Lack of safety features, including rails and seatbelts
- Damaged bus interior, including uneven walkway segments, seats and stairs
Each time an individual enters a bus, there is a reasonable expectation of safety involved in their ride. Riders are completely vulnerable to the driver’s experience and judgement. When an accident does occur, and our clients are injured, we will approach each bus accident case with a specialized focus on reconstructing the accident to ensure the proper party is held responsible.
Recovery avenues can include pursuing the:
- County government
- Municipal government
- School system
- Private bus operator
- Third-party vehicle owner who caused the crash
- Bus maintenance company
- Mechanical manufacturing company
Bus accidents can be extremely complicated. They require an experienced bus accident lawyer to get to the bottom of the circumstances that caused the injury and identify the person who is responsible in order to submit the proper legal claim. At Marks Law Group, LLC, our Atlanta bus accident attorneys provide superior legal guidance, and will not be intimidated by the municipal or private operator, their insurance company, or legal representation when pursuing the best outcome available. Our clients need help, and we are here to deliver results.
Call Our Bus Accident Attorneys in Atlanta, GA Today for a Free Consultation
If you have been injured in a bus accident and are seeking results on your own, stop hitting roadblocks and call our Atlanta bus accident attorneys at (404) 939-1485 today to start experiencing results. Without an attorney, bus accident injuries can be complicated to pursue. Our experienced Atlanta bus accident lawyers can lead you in the right direction, and provide the confidence you need to begin healing properly, without the stress of creating a case on your own. Call us today for a free consultation, and we’ll take it from here.