Experienced Bicycle Accident Attorneys in Atlanta, GA
AtMarks Law Group, LLC, bicycle accident attorneys in Atlanta, GA know that bicycles on the roadway are considered vehicles by law, and are encouraged by the progressive changes Fulton County has made to our Georgia streets, roadways, and neighborhoods to help ensure the safety of commuters, exercise enthusiasts, and pleasure riders throughout town.
Unfortunately, not everyone shares our Atlanta bicycle accident attorneys’ appreciation for the uptick in cyclists on our roads. Aggressive drivers, negligent in operating a motor vehicle, continuously overtake lanes, speed, and intimidate cyclists throughout the city causing serious injuries, and sometimes death. At Marks Law Group, LLC in Atlanta, we work tirelessly to represent the injured bicyclists in our community by holding the negligent party responsible for their reckless behavior. Our clients deserve bicycle accident compensation for their injuries and trust us to pursue the maximum amount. We will not let them down.
Bicycle Injury Statistics: The Latest National and State Reports
The Centers for Disease Control provides annual statistics for bicycle injuries and deaths, including the most recent figures available from last year, including:
- Over 1,000 fatalities recorded nationwide
- 29 fatalities occurred in Georgia
- 467,000 bicycle crash-related injuries across the country
- Both statistics represent a 13% national increase from the previous year
- Non-fatal bicycle crash-related injuries result in over $10 Billion in lifetime medical costs and loss of productivity each year
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration lists that:
- Nationwide there has been a 64% increase in commuter bicycling over the past decade
- Bicyclists account for 2% of all traffic deaths, and 2% of all crash-related injuries
The US Department of Transportation, Federal Highway Administration reports the leading causes and injury percentages of bicyclists nationwide are:
- Hit by car: 29%
- Fall: 17%
- Roadway in disrepair: 13%
- Rider error, failing to pay attention: 13%
- Crashed/collision: 7%
- Dog/animal encounter: 4%
Bicycle Accidents: Severe Injuries. Lengthy Recovery Times. Life-changing Results.
Marks Law Group, LLP bicycle accident attorneys in Atlanta, GA understand that a cyclist colliding with a car, truck or motorcycle will cause severe injuries, resulting in life-changing medical needs that can be temporary or permanent. The sheer force and weight of a passenger vehicle crashing into a bicyclist, at any speed, can lead to a devastating outcome.
Our law office is designed to help accident injury victims recover fully, no matter how simple or severe their injuries are. We provide unmatched legal representation from the start of our client’s claim through receipt of a financial recovery settlement that meets their specific needs. We can do the same for you, and your family.
Compensation claims will vary based on the severity of the accident, but can include coverage of:
- Medical care all injuries, including:
- Current and future lost wages
- Expenses related to the injury, including:
- Medical device or equipment rental
- Therapy and rehabilitation
- Temporary or permanent disability
- Partial or full disability
- Pain and suffering
Atlanta bicycle accident lawyer at Marks Law Group, LLC will provide the legal representation you need to start anew, holding the negligent party responsible for your injuries and loss of quality of life.
Five Steps to Take After a Bicycle Accident in Atlanta
Strengthening your bicycle accident case begins with a proactive approach to ensuring valuable information or evidence doesn’t disappear immediately following an accident.
If you require emergency care, please get it immediately. We can investigate your accident on your behalf. If you are able, and do not require emergency medical care, take the following steps to support your claim.
- Call the Police
- Do not negotiate, argue, or try to rationalize the accident with the driver. Get the police to the scene immediately and request a police report.
- Tell your side of the story to the police, and ensure your version is mirrored in the accident report.
- Request a copy of the report before you leave the scene. Address any discrepancies in the report immediately before the officer leaves.
- Record All Pertinent Information
- This should include the driver’s license, insurance information, registration, and license plate number.
- Take the names and contact information of any witnesses who were at the scene.
- Do Not Evaluate Your Own Medical Needs
- Seek medical care right away. Even if you feel fine, there are extreme dangers in foregoing care, including head trauma, internal bleeding, and infections that can manifest from the abrasions.
- Verbally explain to the medical professionals where your injuries are, and how they are affecting your physical, emotional, and psychological make up.
- Retain a copy of your medical records.
- Do Not Attempt to Fix Anything or Throw Anything Away
- Keep your helmet, clothing, protective pads, and any other clothing/electronic/bicycle part until further notice AS IS after the accident. This is evidence.
- Do not get your bike fixed. Leave it AS IS after the accident. This is also evidence.
- Call The Marks Law Group, LLC Right Away
- Our bicycle accident attorneys in Atlanta, GA are always available to come to the accident scene, the hospital, or to visit you after you’ve returned home to discuss your case in full. Time is of the essence after a bicycle accident, as the details are pertinent to your case, and can dissolve as time goes by.
Call Our Bicycle Accident Attorneys in Atlanta, GA Today for a Free Consultation
If you have been injured in a bicycle accident, or are concerned for a loved one’s well-being who has been injured, contact our accomplished Atlanta bicycle accident attorneys today at (404) 939-1485 for a free consultation. Our Atlanta bicycle accident lawyers will walk you through the legal process without obligation, and explain your options in simple terms that allow you to make an informed decision about proceeding with your claim. Marks Law Group, LLC is here to help and want to hear your bicycle accident details today. Call us now to learn more.