Last year over 2.3 million Americans were treated in emergency rooms nationwide as the result of an auto accident. Nearly a decade ago, at last calculation in 2005, the overall economic impact of crash-related deaths and injuries totaled reached a staggering $70 billion and has certainly grown since. When you are involved in an auto accident, whether you are the driver or passenger, your livelihood is at stake without notice. Our attorney group in Atlanta wants to help you redeem yourself physically, emotionally and financially.
What to Do After an Accident
If you are involved in a car crash in any capacity, there are several steps you can take to elevate your position in the courts. Although the experienced and dedicated attorneys at The Marks Law Group, LLC, understand that depending on the severity of your accident, you may not be able to follow these steps in full, but it is advised that you operate accordingly where you are able.
- Do Not Admit Fault: You have just been in an auto accident, and are in no position to determine your involvement leading up to the crash.
- Take Pictures: Use your cellphone camera or a camera you keep in the car to document the accident to be reviewed later. There is no such thing as taking too many pictures.
- Exchange Information with the Other Driver: Contact and insurance information.
- Stay at the Accident Site: Contact one of our attorneys, if you are able. We will meet you there.
- Gather Evidence: If there were witnesses to your accident, write down their information. If a policeman arrives, get his or her name and badge number — even if he or she is not writing the accident report.
- Request Copies of the Accident Report: There is nothing worse than walking away, assuming everyone has done their jobs. Ensure that a report is underway, and completed before you leave. Dispute any inaccurate information immediately.
- Call Your Insurance Company: Do not admit fault, simply alert them to the fact that you have been in an accident, and more information is forthcoming.
- Seek Medical Care: If you are able to delay medical care until the previous steps are completed, be sure to seek care immediately following.
- Voice Your Condition & Complaints: Be sure that your medical provider documents your injuries or complaints in their records, so they can be referred to later by our legal team.
- Contact our Attorneys: If you have not already contacted our Atlanta attorney group, do so now, so we can help your case take the proper path to success.
Car Crash Statistics
The thriving metropolis of Atlanta sees its fair share of auto accident claims each day, whether it is a fender bender on the highway, or a serious wreck caused by the negligence of another. The absolute truth lies in the numbers of our city, and how many people suffer serious injuries and property damage at the expense of another’s negligence.
- 1720 Car Wrecks in Georgia Each Day (70 per hour!)
- Auto Collisions at the Leading Cause of Head Injuries, Causing Long Term Care
- Over a Six Year Period, slightly less than 45,000 Sustained Severe Injuries, Including Traumatic Brain Injury and Paralysis in Accident Cases in Georgia
If you or a loved one has been injured in an car accident, it is important to retain representation that will help you through this difficult time while allowing you to heal fully. Contact our auto accident attorneys in Atlanta today at 404-939-1485 to receive a free consultation and understand how we can help you turn your case into a positive approach to a new life.